My Misdeeds

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My Misdeeds

Post by jrt2345 on Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:36 pm

Hello - my name is John. Many of you know me from the other forum. I'd like to formally apoligse for my over-the-top reaction to your posting of a link on our forum. I was rude and insulting and for that I am truly sorry. I encourage new members here to post and participate. Below is a transcript of what I've said. I'm ashamed for it but this is a small penance for my wrong doing. Indeed a "hand of friendship" was offered in an earlier posting but it has since been deleted.

My sins for all to see!

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Fm Numpty: Hyacinth Awaits

Please do come to our inaugural candlelight supper with riparian entertainment. We will ply you with Lady Ursula's Homemade Gooseberry Wine. Only the finest people will be in attendance. I'm sure Mrs. Counsellor Nugent will most certainly stop by.

copy and paste the link to our new KOA forum
http://britcom.ipbfree.co.uk

jrt2345
VIP Member
VIP Member
Browser:

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Fm jrt2345:  Re: Hyacinth Awaits Yesterday at 12:28 pm
Sorry to burst your bubble, but Hyacinth remains here. You don't seem to know what your forum is about, it is about Britcoms. As I've said before, please do not turn your site into a KUA site since that appears to be your plan. Leave it as it is, a Britcom forum, and don't advertise it as a KUA site when it is not one.

Admin says it will soon be one. Daddy (who is highly regarded in forum circles) agrees! Did you know that the new forum is not limited to just Keeping Up Appearances? Wot? you didn't? Fear not lad! Please come by a lend a hand making it a fine new discussion group.

jrt2345
VIP Member
VIP Member

Fm jrt2345: Re: Hyacinth Awaits:
You think I'm going to register with a rival forum? You got another thing coming. So, you're saying it's going to be a KUA Forum but will not be limited to KUA? You either have a forum based on one topic or you don't have one at all.. How does that idea of yours make any sense? Sadly, Daddy also stops here. Please don't listen to your Admin as he clearly doesn't realise what a large fan base we already have. I'm afraid you lot wouldn't stand a chance against us, mate. Cool Also, I see your original post has you down as being a KOA forum. Keeping Out Appearances?

Fm Numpty:  Hyacinth Awaits
I see, you're so threatened by a new upstart that you feel compelled to impart your wisdom as to what a forum should and shouldn't contain. Admin currently runs a highly successful forum not related to any of the subject matter here, with well over 10,000+ visitors.

britcom.ipbfree.co.uk was set up less than two weeks ago and once more content is added, will become a viable KUA location. Had a tiptoe through some of you're previous postings. Blimey! more broken links from you than a myspace site! If I was you, I wouldn't quit my day job to become a professional forum writer matey!

Our Rose would tell ya' "Variety is the spice of life!" More than one subject on a forum is perfectly acceptable.

Fm jrt2345: Hyacinth Awaits
I'm not threatened at all. You're just contradicting yourself over and over by saying it's a KUA site when there is clearly no content there KUA related apart from a mere 'Onslow' username, which is also a username here. If he has a successful forum why not stick to it instead of trying to take websites from decent folk who've never done any harm.

More content added? You do more posts in one day than an elephant ever could Cool I'll have you know I merely experiment with forums, seeing if there is a sufficient demand for a site. If after a while there is little posting happening, I delete it, as I believe a site with no members is a site not worth having. What gives you the right to criticise someone who doesn't set up rival forums to rub it in the face of their 'rival'???

Britcom forums only have one subject, Britcoms. So you're saying it's going to become a Dad's Army Forum, then a Last of the Summer Wine Forum? As it sounds like it's heading that way. "Oh, let's have a Britcom and KUA site! Oh, wait, KUA is already a Britcom. Let's leave it as a Britcom site and not try to lure the members of the KUA forum into joining our site. Yes, that way, this wouldn't have happened."

Kindly leave us innocent folk alone.

Fm Numpty:  Re: Hyacinth Awaits

I see this nit picking style is your usual behaviour. I shall not reveal the reasons nor details as to why this site has been established. I neither owe you, and you neither care about what they would be anyway. If you say its not a KUA site then we shall leave it at that. After all, you do seem to know whats best. I offer you a hand in friendship and you jump to conclusions and assumptions as to what will be. It matters not one wit if you like the style or type of forum or even if there is -3 comments on it.

As for innocent folk, you appear from your own words to be nothing of the kind. You come across more as a bully than and a troll rather than someone wanting to further the discussion.
jrt2345
VIP Member
VIP Member

Why would I want to further this discussion? I'm not a bully or a troll, I'm trying to put forward to you that rival sites are not allowed, which you clearly can't understand and persistently insist your website is in some way related to KUA. You then insulted me so then I had to insult you back. I will not take insults from anybody without doing the same to them. My words appear to be the truth, that's what they are.

You clearly don't know the meaning of the word. I do not nit pick, I feel that if I find something is wrong then that needs to be told to the person concerned. You never offered me any hand in friendship, you tried to take me for being stupid by asking me to join your site when you openly announce that you wish it to be related to Keeping Up Appearances. I did not jump to conclusions, you have openly expressed it will become a KUA fan site, and I had originally asked you kindly not to go down that route.

Nit-picking and insulting even in your rejoinder. Here is the bottom line. The forum stays, will have KUA material in it and if you don't like it, Tough!

jrt2345
VIP Member
VIP Member

Careful not to commit copyright infringement. All our pictures have been used with permission from the BBC. And the way it is today, don't expect to get far. Good Bad luck.

Don't reply to this message.

jrt2345

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum